Home   /   News   /   City of Two Rivers D...
November 1, 2018

City of Two Rivers Dedicates New Raider Bike and Pedestrian Trail

City of Two Rivers Dedicates New Raider Bike and Pedestrian Trail Header Image

The City of Two Rivers held its Raider Trail Dedication on Saturday, October 27, to celebrate the successful completion of a 3/4-mile paved bike and pedestrian trail. The trail runs along State Highway 42 from 34th Street to Two Rivers High School. Attending the ribbon-cutting were local officials, project stakeholders, and area residents.

This trail is one of Two Rivers' growing network of bike trails and dedicated bike lanes to make the community even more bicycle and pedestrian-friendly. Donohue worked with City and Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) officials to plan and design a new trail that would provide safe bicycle and pedestrian connections from the city to the high school campus.

The $650,000 trail was funded through an 80% Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality grant from the Wisconsin DOT. The City assisted in funding the remaining 20 percent through community donations and a grant from the West Foundation.

Pictured Above (left to right): Kevin Boehm (Recreation Director), Scott Ahl (City of Two Rivers Civil Engineer), Maria Veldre (Board of Education), Jennifer Harteau (Board of Education), Lisa Quistorf (District Administrator), Jamie Salta (Board of Education President), Greg Buckley (City Manager), Jack Powalisz (City Council President), Curt Andrews (Council Member), Phil Ramlet (Omnni Associates), Mark Bittner (Council Member), Erin Gonnerman (Council Member), and Sam Bremer (Donohue & Associates).

Share this on: